Monday, October 17, 2005

Not really sleepless in Seattle

I flew out to Seattle yesterday to spend the upcoming holiday with my good friend, Marti. I've only been on the West Coast once before in my life, and that was for a journalism conference in Los Angeles. I didn't really get a chance to walk around, take in the life, tour, etc. This time, I won't really have much of an opportunity either, since I'm here for a holiday, and we all know the restrictions a Jewish holiday puts on too much moving around. But I did get to see a whole bunch of Seattle yesterday, and I'll be doing the Seattle Underground Tour in a few hours, which I heard is a lot of fun.

Some random thoughts on the city:

The cloud cover is very different then what you see on the East Coast- more complex, more color variations. Makes for an interesting sky, at any time during the day.

People here aren't in a rush.

The extent of the people diversity here is White and Asian. Some African-American sprinkled inbetween, but definitely mostly White.

Had some really great kosher vegan Asian food for dinner last night. I didn't think I'd like it much. Who knew tofu could be so good?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter



<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>