Thursday, September 01, 2005

State of confusion

There are so many thoughts running through my mind right now, I don't know where to start, so please bare with me as I try to organize it all on this page.

* Please explain to me how it took Congress 12 hours to rush back to DC five months ago to pass emergency legislation to save 1 woman's life, but over 72 hours after Katrina hit, the nation's capital is still void of law makers even pretending to care about the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans?

* It makes me sick to my stomach to see scum running around with guns, shooting at RESCUE WORKERS. Please explain- what the hell's the point right now?

* Why did it take so damn long to realize that Lousiana and Mississippi needed more than just a few hundred National Guardsmen? Let's compare 2 situations please: the University of Maryland wins the NCAA championship. Or the Detroit Pistons win the NBA championship. The scum of the city of Detroit and town of College Park loot, burn tires, overturn cars. AFTER THEIR TEAM WINS A CHAMPIONSHIP. So we see how low human nature can go- over a game. Now fast forward to this week. Countless towns, communities, cities have been DESTROYED. Turn to rubble. Under water. Lives lost, homes gone. What made anyone think that everyone would follow the rules of civil society and behave? Can anyone comprehend the psychological toll all of this is taking on these poor people?

* Speaking of psychological toll: just think about no bathrooms, no hot water, no bed, no sleep, no food, no water. What would you do?

* Did you know that 40% of Louisiana and Mississippi's National Guard is in Iraq? Just sayin.

* I sympathize with those who are "looting" for food. I have no idea what I would do or how I would act if I were in such a state of desperation. All the others make me angry. Please, pray tell- what on earth are you gonna do with all the electronics and jewelery you just stole and dragged through the water?

* God bless the people of San Antonio and Houston who are taking in the refugees, opening their homes, schools, centers, hospitals, and wallets- all to help make life just a little bit better for those who just lost everything.

* The United States of America is the richest country in the world.

* So who is confident in the government's evacuation plan if heaven forbid there's a terrorist attack somewhere in this country?

* I'm just sad. Sad, frustrated, angry. And helpless.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get really choked up when I read about all these stories of people opening up their homes and taking in families for "however long you need to stay".

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter



<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>