Friday, February 01, 2008

I'm a junkie

A political junkie, that is.

My version of a fun evening: having dinner with the hubby, then curling up on the couch for two hours to watch a presidential debate. Yeah, I know. I'm pathetic. The best part of last night was that the entire 2-hour debate was full of wonky policy talk, and boy, was that exciting. There was nuance and high-brow discussion on everything ranging from healthcare to taxes to Iraq and even to the Dream Ticket. And boy, did the place erupt after that. All the talk about making history, charting a new direction, a united Democratic Party, and all the cheers were enough to leave that lump in your throat present for two straight hours. It was fantastic.

What i loved so much about it was the fact that so many people were interested in listening. It amazes me that this campaign season has turned so many people on. Perhaps you can blame it on the Hollywood writer's strike, but so what? People are still tuning in and showing up to the polls in record numbers. Will it last thru November? Who knows. But it's still fun and exciting to watch. I can't wait for Super Duper Tuesday.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have nothing particularly relevant to add here.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter



<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>