Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day of Suck

What should have been a pretty good day ended up sucking royally. A year ago yesterday was the happiest day in my life and we had modest plans to celebrate. But the day didn't start out too great and only got worse as the hours went by; how good can the day be when the spouse is sick and achy all over and doesn't even have the energy to eat dinner? And when your day starts and you're all over the place because you didn't get a chance to go thru your regular morning routine when you got into the office, it takes a while to recover. And that recovery never really happened. So I went thru the day feeling as if I was in a fog and confused and couldn't really concentrate at work despite the fact that we had a major deliverable briefing in the morning with the client. We did end up going to dinner, but then we got home and that was that. AJ collapsed in bed after catching up on some stuff and I stayed awake for no real reason, except waiting around hoping that some important people in my life would remember. But that made me feel even worse so I climbed into bed around 11pm; not even Stewart or Colbert could cheer me up.

So the day finally ended and a new year has begun. Here's to another great year of love and excitement together with AJ and hopefully a more relaxed and special Year 2 milestone.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That stinks. I'm sorry to hear that it was such a sucky day.

7:22 AM  
Blogger by FightMetric said...

Anniv, Shmanniv, I'd give them all away in exchange for that warm comfort of having RSC around the every other day of the year. Enjoy #2!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stinkin' Frog! If he only wouldn't have eaten that second shwarma served to him by the legendary Mome the Shwarma Guy none of this would have happened. I specifically told him to lay off the spicy stuff and to stick to one shwarma, but does he listen? NOOOOOOOOO! He takes after his Uncle Kermit. Pour some tabasco sauce in his oatmeal. That ought to clear up his problems.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter



<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>