Thursday, July 28, 2005

Black hole. Or not?

So maybe it's not a black hole afterall.

I just got a phone call from an organization I applied to last week for a job. Set up an interview for next week. The job isn't one which I am dying to have, but who am I to turn down interviews when they are offered??

Here I am, sending out cover letter after cover letter to humanresources@companyname.org, being all sad believing that my application is just sinking into a black hole anyways. No one really reads those resumes, do they? You gotta know someone, right?

But then again, maybe you don't.

Hmm...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three of the last four jobs I've gotten have been without contacts on the inside.

ServInt gave me a shot because I knew Unix and was willing to work a horrible schedule.

UUNet was desperate for bodies, and still was able to hire (that ended 8 months later)

at AT&T, I knew a recruiter, who told me about a job fair they were having.

I didn't know anyone at Callisma either, but they had previously worked with other coworkers of mine.

So I know at least some of them get read...

Now, this is out of maybe 4,000 resumes I sent out, so there do seem to be a lot of black holes out there...

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats. keep on rockin' in the free world.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter



<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>