Friday, November 21, 2008

Shabbat shalom

Shabbat is slowly making it's way to Melbourne. We're staying with a lovely family for the weekend and I couldn't be more excited. After 3 days of driving and running around with an early to-bed and early to-rise mantra, I'm very much looking forward to a quiet 25-hour period of home-cooked meals, a nap or two, and really terrific people to converse with. Not that being on my honeymoon and only having my husband to chat with all day and all night is a terrible thing, don't get me wrong. But it's never a bad thing to be around interesting people, a new community, in a totally different part of the world to drum up conversation and good fun time.

In short, we toured the city of Melbourne today, including an early walk around the Queen Victoria Market, which, to some reading this, can be described as the Jerusalem shuk on steroids. It's quite awesome. Wish I had me one of those in DC.

OK, must run. More about our last two days on the other side of the Holy Day of Rest.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you guys are having fun, and I love these posts!! Shabbat shalom!- Beck

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter



<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>