Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"Broadband" Internet

Up until arriving to Port Douglas, we've had pretty good internet access. No, we haven't been online all day everyday. We would just quickly browse the headlines in the morning and in the evening and every once in a while check our email. It also obviously has allowed me to post these trip diaries.

All that ended in Port Douglas. The place we're staying claims it has "broadband" internet access. You pay for the amount of time you want, they give you an enthernet cable, and you sign-in and start browsing. Well, unfortunately, it ain't that easy.

Weirdly enough, as soon as we plugged the ethernet cable into the laptop and the internet started flowing, the mousepad stopped working, which, as you can imagine, made browsing and clicking and scrolling pretty damn difficult. I was frustrated: I had these three blog posts all written and ready to be published, but I couldn't post them! A few days passed by because we were busy scuba diving and snorkling and visiting a coffee plantation (more on that later!), but we assumed, if we used the two desktops available in the reception area at some point before we left, we'd be fine.

Wrong. I was able to post my trip diaries just fine but for some reason, it won't upload any of my pictures and it takes forever and a day to get to any simple website. So much for broadband.

Anyways, the point of this long-winded message is to tell you that as soon as I can find reliable access I will add pictures to the three posts below. :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter



<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>