Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Doublespeak

"To be responsible, one needs to stop defining success in Iraq as the absence of terrorist attacks."

Guess who said that?

A crazy liberal?

Nope.

Just a liberal?

Nope.

How about a conservative Republican named Donald Rumsfeld.

And of course he's right. I've been saying this for years in regards to the Israel/Palestine front. And didn't John Kerry say something to this effect at some point during the 2004 campaign? But of course, he got lambasted for being "too soft" and not serious about the "war on terror."

Good morning, Donald. How's life treating you these days?

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

My memory may be incorrect, but didn't Sen. Kerry say that in reference to the War on Terror? I seem to remember that he got grief because he was speaking about the US. If I'm wrong, then I apologize for putting mistaken words in his mouth.

In Iraq, the question should be: "how DO we define success?" To me, the creation of a democratically elected state which is capable of addressing the needs of the people (i.e. providing their own police and fire departments), where the elected leadership can be removed via a subsequent election (i.e. rule of law) is what I mean when I say "success in Iraq."

11:32 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

My good friend from high school is The Donald's assistant. Rumsfeld, not Trump.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter



<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>