Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Downsized

My boss sat me down two days ago to relay some bad news: the well has gone dry. Of course, I wasn't at all surprised, since I'm very much aware of the exact dollar amounts left in the organization's checking and savings accounts. I saw this coming a while ago, but the sting was still strong. We spent the last 9 months writing a whole bunch of concept papers and answering RFPs, but so far, we have not struck gold. It's sad, because we have great ideas. If only we had the opportunity to implement them and attempt to change some lives...

I've been looking for a new position. It's frustrating though, because I'm in the same exact spot I was in last year, and I don't feel that I've gained a whole hell of a lot since then. It sucks. Plain and simple. I've been stuck in neutral ever since moving here 2 years ago, and I desperately want to move forward. I've known for years what I want to do, and I even thought I knew the path I would take to get there.

Man plans and God laughs so damn hard...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully this is the start of something better - an opportunity to rethink old assumptions and try new things :)

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter



<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>